I should not be laughing this hard.
Plzz take a look at my new video y’all, I made it myself <3 and I’m so happy with the results! The song is in spanish :3
Be my friend!!💖
This motivated me to study. Thanks tiny cactus.
THE TINY CACTUS IS BACK
In therapy this morning, my doc and I were talking about coping techniques, since I’ve been having higher levels of anxiety and more PTSD episodes recently.
When I’m in that pre-anxiety stage—you know that part where you can feel the panic rising, but there’s still time to prevent a full on meltdown? When I’m at that stage, the best thing for me is repetitive, calm action that involves my hands and a little bit of my brain. A distraction.
Piano, meditation, coloring, needlework are all excellent, but not always practical. And sometimes I need something fast.
Best thing for me? Games. I thought I’d share my favorites.
Online—No thinking required
- Calm.com: Not a game, but very soothing images along with calm music and guided meditations in short increments. Good place to start. (Free)
- Orisinal Games: collection of simple in browser games with pretty graphics. Favorites for relaxing play are “The Crossing” and “Wings over Water”. (Free)
- Music Catch 2: Collect musical notes as they fall in time to instrumental music. Particularly good if you find rhythm to be calming. (Free)
- Flower Reaction: VERY simple game with nice music. (Free)
- Fishing Girl: Go fishing with cute graphics and soft music. (Free)
Online—Puzzle, a little thinking required
- Loops of Zen: Puzzle game with ambient music. (Free)
- Auditorium: Part puzzle, part just moving a mouse around, all with great music. (Free)
- Machinarium: Amazing puzzle game in an immersive world. If you like Myst, Limbo etc, you will like this. One of my favorite games of all time. (Free demo)
Mobile games for when you’re out and need a distraction
- Lyne (iPhone, Android): Puzzle game. Trace lines with your fingers to solve—very soothing and takes a little concentration. Constantly updated with new puzzles. ($2.99)
- Quell Reflect (iPhone, Android): Move a silver ball through the puzzles to collect raindrops. Amazing soundtrack and sometimes quite challenging at higher levels. ($.99)
i’ve been playing flower reaction for like 15 minutes and it has really kept me feeling kind of calm. this is awesome resource, thank you
i’ve been meaning to reblog this again to share w/ some people and someone just reminded me.
Shanesha Taylor was arrested on March 20th by the Scottsdale Police for leaving her children ages 2 and 6 months in her car while she interviewed for a job. Ms. Taylor was homeless and could not access any child care. Her desperation to provide for herself and her children and her lack of options led her to take drastic measures in search of employment. Ms. Taylor needs support & help rather than incarceration and a criminal record that will surely decrease her chances to provide for her children in the future. We ask that Maricopa County use common-sense and provide support for Ms. Taylor and her children rather than punishment.
Shanesha Taylor is still in jail pending a $9,000 bond.
Help drop the child abuse charges against Shanesha Taylor by signing this petition at change.org. Here’s the link: http://www.change.org/petitions/bill-montgomery-drop-the-child-abuse-charges-against-shanesha-taylor?recruiter=13739587&utm_campaign=twitter_link_action_box&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=share_petition
Really seriously flabbergasted and concerned about this.
This is terrifying and very important.